Put Something In The Box
After reviewing what I wrote laatste jaar (published on the same date, I may add), I could essentially post the same here verbatim. However, rather than doing that, I’ll post a lot less because I honestly can’t come up with anything better than that. No really, it’s fantastic.
I still can’t stand the TdU, Oman, or Qatar. They’re still (to me) just filler races being held during what was once the traditional training period.
But enough of that.
The 2012 edition saw three things:
Lars looked good before he decided to lay down on the tarmac at a critical moment of the race. Will be interesting to see if he can get that (semi) Classics win, however he happens to be teammates with the reigning winnaar, Sep Vanmarcke. Sooo, good luck with that Blanco Pro. Tommeke’s remarked (somewhere on the internet) he has no aspirations of going for overwinnings on Saturday, but the Taaienberg always gives him a boost. Not unlike blowing rails (or Blanco!).
Updated snaark: “With Vanmarcke and Boom leading the Nederlander squad, Tommeke will again be in familiar territory—chasing Blanco.”
I’d love for Heinrich Haussler to be up there contesting the win, but that’s a long shot. IAM Cycling’s only bringing 7 of the 8 riders allowed. Plus, it’s Heino. Le sigh…
Start list voor Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013.
1) Sep Vanmarcke (Bel) Garmin-Barracuda
2) Tom Boonen (Bel) Omega Pharma-Quickstep
3) Juan Antonio Flecha Giannoni (Spa) Sky Procycling
4) Heinrich Haussler (Aus) Garmin-Barracuda
5) Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team
My feelings toward this race have not changed—THERE’S NO SPRINT TRAINS IN (semi) CLASSICS!! Obviously, the Manx Missile would probably disagree.
Regardless, here’s a slow motion video of a guy blowing a snot rocket. HELSE SNOT RAKET!!
Start list voor Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 2013.
1) Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling
2) Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) FDJ-Big Mat
3) Kenny Robert Van Hummel (Ned) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
4) Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat
5) Alexander Serebryakov (Rus) Team Type 1 – Sanofi