The 2013 Kapelmuur Independent t-shirt is a tribute to the 1973 Kapeletti Racing Team. It was produced by the inimitable @FreebirdVelo. Unfortunately, it’s no longer for sale. Glad I pre-ordered mine.
We could just leave it at that, but we’re not. Let’s take a look at the above statements.
- Kapelmuur Independent “is is an American cycling club in the European tradition.”
- KI is a Bill Strickland joint. Or, at least I think it is. But, like many cycling news sites, I’m not checking my facts.
- The 1973 Kapeletti Racing Team is a myth. No, seriously.
- @FreebirdVelo isn’t a myth, and neither are her fantastic shirts. Get some.
- Sadly, the Kapelmuur Independent shirt is no longer available for sale. But her Kapelmuur shirt is.